Updated: Feb 12, 2020
Carob Pancake Dream
Serves: 2 (4 pancakes)
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Effect on Dosha’s: V-, P-, K=
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1,5 cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp solid coconut cream*
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp carob
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- Optional (for vata types): almond butter
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add almond milk, lemon and vanilla extract. Whisk until batter is thick and smooth.
- Melt 1,5 tbsp coconut oil and whisk into batter.
- Rest the batter for 2 hours. For thicker pancakes, refrigerate.
- Immediately before preparing the pancakes, mix all topping ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Melt one tbsp coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Gently ladle a fourth of the pancake batter onto the skillet. Flip when it begins to bubble and the edges turn crisp.
- Cook for another minute or two, then transfer to a plate.
For Kapha types or Kapha imbalances you can adjust the recipe by:
- Omit the coconut oil in the batter and substitute ghee for coconut oil in the skillet.
- Use raw honey instead of coconut sugar in the topping.
- Substitute the slightly sweet carob powder with cacao powder.
(*) Solid coconut cream can often be found in non-homogenated canned coconut milk, where the cream separates from the liquid.skfjawlefkjwleknvldmcsc